Property Management Checklist
We understand that most owners meet with a number of agencies prior to deciding which agency is best for them. It is important to know the services you will be receiving differ among property management departments.
In order to help you make an informed decision, we have suggested a list of questions we recommend you ask all agencies you are in discussions with.
- Are all your property managers qualified and hold a current certificate of registration?
- How long has your company been in operation?
- How many property managers do you have and how long have they been with your company?
- How many properties does each property manager look after?
- How will my property be marketed for rent?
- How many websites and which ones does your agency use?
- Will my property manager be the one who shows the prospective tenants through and meets them in person?
- How much training do your staff members partake in?
- What back up staff are available if my property manager is ever off sick or on holidays?
- How much information do you obtain from all applicants and what databases are their details checked against?
- Who makes the final decision as to which applicant is accepted for my property?
- What is your policy on rental arrears and what procedures are in place if the tenants fall into arrears?
- How do you deal with maintenance and repairs for the property? Will I be contacted every time something needs attention?
- What steps are taken to ensure the maintenance carried out on the property is conducted by a licensed professional and the work is competitively priced?
- How frequently do you inspect the property and what confirmation do I receive that it has been done?
- Will my property manager be doing the inspections? Am I able to attend?
- When do the tenants receive a copy of the property condition report? When do I receive a copy of the property condition report?
- How often are rent reviews done on the property and are they discussed with me prior to any action being taken?